In order to lock a discord channel, you have to go into the settings menu and select “Manage Channel.” In this section of your Discord account, click on locked channels. There will be a text input box right below where it says ‘Channel Owner’ with an option labeled ‘Lock.’ Select that option and click save. From here, when someone tries opening up the locked channel they’ll get a message saying “You must own this server in order for you invite others”
Discord is a free chat app that allows you to connect with friends and family on one single platform. It has quickly become the number-one way for gamers to communicate, share ideas, and play games together. However, there are some situations where people might want Discord closed down altogether or be locked out of it completely from an individual’s computer. Here we offer up simple step-by step instructions on how to lock a channel in case someone wants their room shut off from everyone else temporarily or permanently.
The “how to block discord app on android” is a guide that will help you lock a Discord channel on PC, Android, and iOS.
As we all know, Discord is one of the most popular communication services among students and gamers alike. Why? The solution is found in the platform itself. You may use Discord to build servers, have audio and video conversations, and even screen share with buddies. The platform is popular among gamers since it lacks all of the unnecessary crap, as well as the fact that it has a large number of gaming communities. You may construct your own servers, but did you know you can also lock your channel? Continue reading to learn how to lock a Discord channel.
So, what exactly is a Discord channel, you may wonder? Channels are places that may be used to distinguish between text and speech communications. Members who are part of the server may simply participate in sending messages in a text-only channel. In a voice channel, however, one may just join and begin conversing with other users in the same voice channel. You may add additional channels to your server, and they can be about whatever you like. Let’s look at how to lock a Discord channel on a PC, Android, or iPhone.
You must first establish a Discord server before we can begin the process of how to lock a channel on Discord. Of course, if you’re the server’s admin or moderator, you may also lock a channel.
On a PC, how do you lock a channel in Discord?
- Open Discord and let it to install any updates that it finds.
- Select your server, or the server that you oversee or administer, now.
- Look to the left pane of Discord when your server is open.
- There will be two or more channel categories to choose from.
- Choose the sub-channel you want to lock.
- You’ll notice a gear icon next to the sub-name channel’s that reads Edit Channel. Select it by clicking on it.
- Now, on the left pane of the Edit Channel page, choose Permissions.
- Additional Permissions may be found on the right side of the screen. Select it by clicking on it.
- You’ll now see a long list of options to choose from.
- The Voice Channel Permissions header may be found by scrolling down.
- The Connect option will appear under that.
- A red X and a green tick mark will appear next to it.
- Click the red X symbol to lock the channel.
- It will alert you that you have unsaved changes at the bottom of the screen. Save your changes by clicking the green Save Changes button.
- When you return to your server panel, the speaker for that channel will now have a little lock symbol next to it.
- The channel has been locked, as shown by this.
- Other members will be able to see the channel but will not be able to hear it since it is locked. They won’t be allowed to join the channel at all as a result of this.
How to Lock a Discord Channel on Android and iOS
If you’re using Discord on an Android or iOS smartphone and run your own server, or if you’re an admin or moderator for a few servers and wish to lock a certain channel, you may do so from your phone.
- Make sure you’re using the most recent version of Discord.
- Select your server or the server that you control in Discord.
- Tap on the voice channel you want to lock from the server’s side menu.
- Now you’ll be taken to the Channel Settings page.
- Select Permissions from the drop-down menu. It will be the screen’s final choice.
- Select Everyone from the Roles drop-down menu.
- Look for the Voice Channel Permissions heading as you go through.
- You’ll find the Connect option under it. To lock the channel, tap the red X symbol.
- Return to your server. On your channel, you’ll see a little lock. This signifies that the moderator has now locked the channel.
So there you have it, a quick and easy solution to lock a channel on your Discord server. What’s the point of locking it? It’s possible that you’d want to have a voice chat with just a few individuals on the server, or that only the moderators would desire a private server chat. So, now that you know how to lock a Discord channel, has it proven to be beneficial for your server? Or maybe your server didn’t need such restricted channels in the first place? Please let us know in the comments.
More Related Information:
Discord is a chat app that allows you to communicate with other people. You can create your own server or join one that already exists. If you try to leave the channel, it will lock. This guide will show you how to lock a Discord Channel on PC, Android, and iOS. Reference: discord urls to block.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I lock a Discord channel on IOS?
A: You can lock a Discord channel on your iOS device by going into the apps settings and selecting privacy then right clicking on the specific channel you want to set as private.
How do I lock a channel on Discord Android?
A: You can lock a channel on Discord Android by tapping the three lines at the top left of your screen.
Can you password protect a Discord channel?
A: Unfortunately, Discord does not provide a password protecting function.
- how to block discord in windows 10
- how to block discord website on laptop
- how to block discord server
- how to add roles in discord mobile
- how to block discord app on iphone