Windows Update error 0x800705b4 is a common Windows 10 update-related issue. Learn how to fix this problem by following these troubleshooting steps.
The “windows update error 0x800705b4 server 2016” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft released an article to help fix the issue.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has dived deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialize in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
14th of December, 2021
Publish date: April 2020
- Microsoft publishes updates for the Windows 10 operating system on a regular basis for all major versions. These often include bug fixes, new features, and much-needed security updates.
- The update process, like other Windows processes, might have problems at times. If the error code 0x800705b4 occurs in your instance, just follow the methods outlined in the following article.
- This is just one of the numerous issues we’ve addressed in our dedicated hub for Windows Update failures, so be sure to have a look since these issues aren’t uncommon.
- If you want further troubleshooting information, please visit our Fix page.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This software will fix common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
In many ways, Windows 10 is an improvement over Windows 8.1. Windows Update is one of the most enhanced services, with stronger support and a greater influence on your PC’s overall reliability and security.
The update you can’t obtain, on the other hand, isn’t worth anything. And it is with this aspect of Windows 10 that we have an issue. Specifically, your system either won’t update or the provided update is corrupted for a variety of reasons.
The error code 0x800705b4 is one of the numerous that you may encounter. Regardless, every problem has a solution, and we’ll do our best to find one for you now.
How can I repair the 0x800705b4 problem with Windows 10 Update?
Error 0x800705b4 is a serious issue since it prevents your system from upgrading. Here are some relevant difficulties that consumers have experienced when it comes to errors:
- Error 0x800705b while updating Windows Server 2016
- If you run across this problem on Windows Server 2016, you should be able to repair it using one of our solutions.
- 0x800705b4 is a Windows 10 activation error.
- This problem number has been reported by several customers as preventing them from activating their Windows.
- That may be a major issue, but you should be able to resolve it by temporarily stopping your antivirus.
- 0x800705b4 0x800705b4 0x800705b4 0x
- This issue may also impact previous versions of Windows, so even if you don’t have Windows 10, you should be able to utilize practically all of our remedies.
Are you looking for the most effective techniques for resolving Windows update issues? Here are a few of our favorites.
1. Reset the components of Windows Update
- Open Command Prompt by right-clicking on the Start button (Admin).
- Type the following commands in the command line, pressing Enter after each one:
- halt bits on the internet
- wuauserv wuauserv wuauserv wuauserv
- appidsvc appidsvc appidsvc appidsv
- cryptsvc should be stopped on the network.
- After you’ve stopped the relevant services, the following step is to delete a specific file.
- Type the following command into the command prompt and hit Enter:
- “% ALLUSERSPROFILE% ApplicationDataMicrosoftNetworkDownloaderqmgr*.dat” del “
- Then we’ll go on to the following command: cd /d %windir %system32 %system32 %system32 %system32 %system32
- All of the BITS files must now be restarted. Enter the following commands one at a time, pressing ENTER after each one:
- regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll
- ole32.dll regsvr32.exe
- shell32.dll regsvr32.exe
- initpki.dll regsvr32.exe
- wuapi.dll regsvr32.exe
- regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
- wuaueng1.dll regsvr32.exe
- wucltui.dll regsvr32.exe
- wups.dll regsvr32.exe
- wups2.dll regsvr32.exe
- wuweb.dll regsvr32.exe
- qmgr.dll regsvr32.exe
- qmgrprxy.dll regsvr32.exe
- regsvr32.exe wucltux.dll
- muweb.dll regsvr32.exe
- wuwebv.dll regsvr32.exe
- atl.dll regsvr32.exe
- urlmon.dll regsvr32.exe
- mshtml.dll regsvr32.exe
- shdocvw.dll regsvr32.exe
- browseui.dll regsvr32.exe
- jscript.dll regsvr32.exe
- vbscript.dll regsvr32.exe
- scrrun.dll regsvr32.exe
- msxml.dll regsvr32.exe
- regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll
- msxml6.dll regsvr32.exe
- regsvr32.exe actxprxy.dll
- softpub.dll regsvr32.exe
- wintrust.dll regsvr32.exe
- dssenh.dll regsvr32.exe
- rsaenh.dll regsvr32.exe
- gpkcsp.dll regsvr32.exe
- sccbase.dll regsvr32.exe
- slbcsp.dll regsvr32.exe
- cryptdlg.dll regsvr32.exe
- After that, run this command and press ENTER to restart Winshock: reset winsock netsh
- You’ll now need to restart any services that have been halted.
- Type the following instructions and hit ENTER after each one:
- start bits on the internet
- wuauserv wuauserv wuauserv wuauserv
- start appidsvc.net
- start cryptsvc from the command line
- Close Command Prompt and reboot your computer.
This problem is caused by a corruption of updates, according to Microsoft specialists. It seems to only affect customers that upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8.1 rather than completing a fresh install.
Resetting the update components is the first thing you may do to fix this problem. The Update error should be handled after that. If the issue persists, try the alternative remedies listed below.
2. SFC and DISM scans should be performed.
- To access the Win + X menu, press Windows Key + X.
- Select Command Prompt from the drop-down menu (Admin).
- Type sfc /scannow in the command prompt.
- Enter ENTER to start the procedure.
- Your problem should be addressed in a few minutes.
If the SFC scan did not resolve the issue, or if you were unable to execute the SFC scan, a DISM scan may be able to help.
To do so, just execute the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command from Command Prompt as an administrator.
According to users, the problem 0x800705b4 may occasionally be caused by file corruption difficulties. File corruption may arise for a variety of causes, but an SFC scan may be all that is required to resolve the issue.
Once the scan is complete, check to see whether the problem has been addressed. If you were unable to perform the SFC scan before, or if the issue remains, try running it again to see if it helps.
This article will teach you how to operate with DISM like a pro!
3. Run a scan using your antivirus program
Users claim that your antivirus program might occasionally cause update error 0x800705b4. Although having a strong antivirus is crucial, your antivirus may sometimes interfere with your system, resulting in this error.
You might try removing some antivirus features to see if it helps to solve the issue. If the problem persists, you may want to try turning off your antivirus entirely.
In the worst-case situation, you may need to remove your antivirus altogether to resolve the issue. McAfee Firewall was blamed by many users for the problem, so if you’re using it, make sure to turn it off or delete it.
Even if you disable your antivirus, you won’t be at risk since Windows 10 has Windows Defender, which works as a default antivirus.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
If deleting the antivirus fixes the issue, switching to an alternative utility can be a good option. There are various antivirus programs that are compatible with Windows 10 and will not cause any problems with your machine.
4. Verify that the Windows Defender service is active.
- Enter services.msc by pressing Windows Key + R.
- Now hit Enter or OK to continue.
- Check that Windows Defender Firewall and Windows Defender Antivirus Service are operating when the Services window appears.
- You may double-click them to inspect their characteristics if necessary.
- Check to see whether the services are up and functioning.
- Click the Start button if you haven’t already.
- Set the Startup type to Automatic as well. To save your changes, click Apply and OK.
Certain services on your PC must be operating in order to get updates. Users have reported that if the Windows Defender service isn’t functioning, update error 0x800705b4 might occur, therefore make sure it’s turned on.
You should be able to get updates without any problems after initiating these services.
5. Restart the computer gently.
The simplest solution is sometimes the best, and many users reported that a soft restart was all it took to solve the problem.
There may be a bug that stops the update from installing, but this can usually be resolved by restarting your computer.
Simply enter the Start Menu and choose the Restart option to do a gentle restart. Check whether the issue persists after your computer has restarted.
6. Modify the Windows Update options
- To access the Settings app, press Windows Key + I.
- Navigate to the Update & Security section of the Settings app after it has opened.
- Select Advanced from the drop-down menu.
- Disable When I choose the Update Windows option, give me updates for additional Microsoft products.
- Restart your computer after that.
According to users, the update problem 0x800705b4 might occasionally be caused by your settings. After your PC has restarted, try downloading updates again to see if the issue persists.
7. Run a chkdsk scan.
- As an administrator, open Command Prompt.
- Enter the command chkdsk /f X: when Command Prompt appears. Make careful to replace X with your system drive, which should be C by default.
- A notice will appear inviting you to schedule a system scan for the next time you restart your computer. To confirm, type Y and click Enter.
According to users, file corruption is a typical reason of update error 0x800705b4. If your files are corrupted, you may experience this and other problems.
You may, however, attempt to repair the file corruption problem by running a chkdsk scan. When you restart your computer, the chkdsk scan will begin. Check whether the issue is still there once the scan is completed.
Alert: epic guide! Here’s all you need to know about CHKDSK.
8. Install Windows 10 from scratch.
- Open the Start Menu, press and hold the Shift key while pressing the Power button, and choose Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove Everything from the Troubleshoot menu.
- If prompted, insert the Windows 10 installation disc.
- Only the disk where Windows is installed is selected > Simply delete my files.
- Examine the list of changes that a reset will bring about, then click Reset.
- To complete the reset, follow the on-screen prompts.
If the above solutions failed, you should create a backup of your system and do a new install. As previously stated, this problem most often affects customers that upgraded to Windows 10 rather than completing a fresh install.
We recognize that this is a viable alternative, but as you can see, it has a number of drawbacks. As a result, we recommend doing a new setup. After you’ve completed all of the steps, you’ll have a new installation of Windows 10 and the issue will be repaired.
Don’t worry about losing your data after a fresh setup! Back up your data with these fantastic tools!
Furthermore, by navigating to Start > Settings> Update & Security > Advanced Options and choosing Choose when updates are installed, you may postpone specific update categories.
- Why is it necessary to upgrade my Windows 10 operating system?
The most crucial factor to consider when deciding whether or not to upgrade your Windows 10 PC is that updates include security fixes that address several vulnerabilities. As a result, failing to update makes you a target for malware assaults.
These were our solutions to the problem. Please let us know if you have any queries or recommendations in the comments section.
Check out our Windows Update site for more solutions and information on Windows Update.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you? 932
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are currently 1 comment(s).
Watch This Video-
The “Lenovo laptop windows 10 update problem 2021” is a problem that has been present for some time now. The issue occurs when Windows Update fails to install updates and instead displays an error message. Reference: lenovo laptop windows 10 update problem 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error 0x800705b4 on Windows 10?
A: When an error message like this comes up, it usually means that there is a problem with your drivers. This can be solved by updating and installing the latest version of Windows 10s driver software and then restarting.
How do I fix a Windows 10 update error?
A: Unfortunately, due to the nature of Windows 10 updates, it is not possible for me to provide an answer.
How do I fix the cumulative Windows 10 update?
A: You should uninstall and reinstall the cumulative update which fixed your issue.
- how do i fix error code 0x800705b4
- error code 0x800705b4 windows 10
- 0x800705b4 windows update
- 0x800705b4 this operation returned because the timeout period expired.
- windows 7 activation error 0x800705b4