Microsoft has updated its Windows 10 operating system to make it harder for users to install and use add-ons. In order to play online videos, you’ll need a dedicated browser like Chrome or Firefox with no video player built in.
The “videos will not play on my computer windows 10” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft released an update to fix the issue.
Milan Stanojevic is a writer who lives in Belgrade, Serbia.
Expert in Windows and Software
Milan has been fascinated by computers since he was a youngster, and this has led him to be interested in all PC-related technology. He worked as a front-end web developer before joining WindowsReport. Continue reading
21st of November, 2021
Originally published in January 2021.
- Playing videos is an important aspect of the Windows 10 experience, but what if it doesn’t work?
- Professional video editing software is the finest approach to improve your films.
- If your drivers are out of current, you may have video troubles, therefore be sure to check them and update them if necessary.
- If movies still won’t play on your Windows 10 machine, we recommend downloading and installing the video codecs that are missing.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Whether you’re viewing it online or on your computer or smartphone, video is perhaps the most popular sort of material nowadays.
Many Windows PC users have been able to not only make, but also embed and edit films from their computers utilizing various Office products and apps throughout the years.
Consumers have been steadily adopting Windows 10, Microsoft’s most recent operating system, but it has also brought with it a slew of technical issues.
One of these issues is that videos in Windows 10 do not play. Restarting your computer is one of the simple cures for this, but if it doesn’t work, try the troubleshooting steps below.
Contents: Table of Contents
- The display driver should be uninstalled and reinstalled.
- Convert the video to a format that can be read.
- Drivers are updated automatically.
- Check to see whether the correct codec is installed and running. Enhance compatibility
- Install any plug-ins that are missing.
- Open the video in your browser.
- Check for any Windows updates that are available.
- Instead of using a GPU, use software rendering.
- Disable the X-reality feature.
What can I do if movies on Windows 10 won’t play?
1. Remove the display driver and reinstall it.
- Select Device Manager from the context menu when you right-click Start.
- To extend the list, pick Display drivers from the list of devices.
- Uninstall the gadget by right-clicking on it.
- Check/select the option to delete the driver package from the system so that the driver package installed is removed.
- To get started, go to the Action menu.
- To reinstall the driver, choose Scan for Hardware Changes.
- Restart the computer after closing it.
This is a simple remedy, but if movies won’t play on your Windows 10 laptop, upgrading the drivers may help.
Another effective approach for uninstalling and reinstalling display drivers is to utilize a professional program that can assist you in doing so securely while also updating all essential drivers on your PC.
2. Convert the video to a format that can be read.
- Adobe Premiere Pro is a program that you may download on your computer.
- If you don’t already have an Adobe account, create one.
- Sign up for a 7-day free trial.
- Adobe Premiere Pro should be installed.
- Open Adobe Premiere Pro after logging into your Adobe account.
- Fill the Adobe Media Encoder Queue with a video file.
- To do so, go to the queue panel and click the Add button to add your film to the queue.
- Decide on a file format.
- Select a high-quality preset.
- Choose where you want to store your files.
- Begin the converting process and wait.
- Reopen the video to see if it works.
If movies on your computer won’t play, it’s conceivable that the video format isn’t compatible with any of the video players you have installed.
One solution is to open the file in a video editor or a converter, convert it to a readable format, and then re-play it.
Adobe Premiere Pro is a fantastic video editor with a wide range of file types that it can handle.
Not only can it open almost any form of video shot with any type of camera, but it’s also a professional-level video editor, so you won’t be disappointed if you choose it.
3. Drivers are updated automatically.
Don’t even consider this alternative if you don’t have the appropriate computer abilities to complete the instructions above regarding the display driver.
By obtaining and installing the incorrect driver versions, you risk permanently damaging your computer. This does not, however, imply that you should abandon the concept entirely.
When drivers are out of date, PCs become slow and have visible performance difficulties, including visual problems like the ones you’re having now.
Let’s say you need to update the driver but aren’t sure how to do it correctly. Install DriverFix and you’ll be able to update all of your drivers with a single click.
Yes, that’s all it takes to resume enjoying your films and have your computer up and running like new.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
4. Verify that the appropriate codec is installed and running. Enhance compatibility
It’s possible that you don’t have the right codec loaded if videos won’t play in your browser on Windows 10.
Someone may, for example, email you a PowerPoint presentation containing media that requires a codec that your PC lacks.
By converting video formats/codecs to MP4, MKV, WMV, AVI, MOV, H.264, and other formats, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe may repair the video not playing on Windows 10 issue.
This procedure is completed quickly and effectively, and the final results are of professional quality.
Using this fantastic program to simplify the process of converting files that won’t run on Windows 10 gives you more time to focus on making sure the rest of your project is up to par.
On top of that, you’ll get access to any video, independent of codec or frame rate (HEVC/H.264).
5. Install any plug-ins that are lacking.
It’s possible that you’re lacking Adobe Flash or Silverlight plug-ins that would allow you to watch videos, particularly if you’re using Internet Explorer.
Check whether the video is playing again after installing the correct or missing plug-ins.
6. View the video on your browser
- Open the Internet Explorer browser.
- Click Tools.
- Select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down menu.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Select All add-ons from the Show drop-down menu.
- Add-ons for Flash and Silverlight should be selected.
- Try watching the video again after clicking Enable.
Some websites feature online videos that cannot be viewed using other programs. To open the video in your browser, hit Esc to dismiss it, then right-click on it and choose Open Hyperlink.
If it still won’t open, make sure the plug-ins are turned on.
7. Run a Windows update checker to see if any updates are available.
- Select Settings from the Start menu.
- Toggle between Update and Security.
- Go to Windows Updates and choose it.
- Check for updates by clicking the Check for Updates button.
- Install all of the pending updates.
It’s critical to keep your system up to date, and if movies aren’t playing on your computer, make sure you’ve downloaded the most recent Windows updates.
8. Instead of using a GPU, use software rendering.
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Select Network and Internet from the drop-down menu.
- Select Internet Options from the menu.
- A new window called Internet Properties will appear.
- Select the Advanced tab from this window.
- A section labeled Accelerated Graphics will appear.
- Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering is a checkbox beneath it. Take a look at it.
- Scroll down the page until you see a new section titled “Security.”
- Check Enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced Protected Mode* in the Enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced Protected Mode* option.
- Select OK and then Apply.
- Restart your browser and try again to view a video. If the problem persists, restart your device and try again.
This method is straightforward, however it may be useful if movies on your laptop refuse to play.
9. Disable the X-reality feature.
If you have a Sony VAIO, you can check the settings to repair the Videos not playing on Windows 10 problem.
Something in the pre-installed Sony software blocks playing, so go to the VAIO control center app and look for the X-reality for mobile option under the Image quality tab. It should be turned off.
Was any of these ideas successful in resolving the problem of videos not playing on Windows 10? Leave a comment in the space below to let us know.
Also, feel free to post any other comments or questions there.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you? 2
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are currently 1 comment(s).
Watch This Video-
The “video plays sound but no picture windows 10” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released an update to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are my videos not playing on Windows 10?
A: There are many reasons why videos might not be playing on Windows 10. One of the most common is that an app was updated or a security update was released without your knowledge, which requires you to restart your computer for. If this does happen and YouTube still doesnt work then make sure youre using one of these browsers: Internet Explorer 11, Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version)
Why offline video is not playing in my laptop?
A: There are three possible reasons for this. One, the video is not compatible with your laptops computer or player software; two, you need to install an updated version of VLC on your laptop; and three, the file may be corrupted in some way.
Why is my laptop not playing videos online?
A: Theres a couple of reasons why this could be happening. One is that your Windows settings are set for compatibility with an older version of the software, which makes it harder to access the web from a browser or apps like YouTube and Netflix. Another cause might be due to how youre connecting to networks–perhaps through Wi-Fi instead of wired Ethernet?
- videos will not play on my computer windows 7
- video not playing after windows 10 update
- online videos not playing on laptop
- how do i fix video not playing on my computer
- windows 10 videos not playing in browser